Art Competitions by Khula Aasmaan
Khula Aasmaan conducts free online international art competitions and painting contests for children, college students and others. “Khula Aasmaan” means open skies. It is a platform for creative expression by children, young adults and others.
Highlights of Khula Aasmaan
- Encourages children, young adults and others to submit their original ideas and creations in the form of artworks. These submissions are for Khula Aasmaan free online international art contest. The contest is open 24 x 7. The submission is online and free.
- Every quarter, a shortlist is prepared by the jury.
- A dedicated web page is prepared for each shortlisted contest participant. This web page is managed for 3 years at no cost. During this period, the shortlisted students are encouraged to submit their new creations or ideas. The shortlisted artworks and ideas are subjected to another round of judging to decide the award of medals.
- Inspiring and stimulating FREE content for students, parents, teachers, and communities. This will be in the form of articles and videos by eminent personalities from diverse fields such as visual arts, performing arts, literature, architecture, science, technology, social work and public life.
- Khula Aasmaan free online art contest, which was formally unveiled in October 2016, is now well established and has received entries from more than 2000 locations all over India as well as from several other countries.
Why Khula Aasmaan
- Few things express a child’s imagination and creativity better than art. Spatial Intelligence is one of the nine fundamental human intelligences. Not enough is done in formal education in India to develop this valuable gift through art.
- Essential Skills for 21st century children highlight Cultural Literacy as a Foundational Literacy and Creativity as a Core Competency. Art significantly contributes to and enhances both.
- Art is a mirror and a stimulus for change in society. India needs its artists. Children gifted with artistic ability have few places to develop their talent and often drop art in high school for courses that take them to jobs.
- The qualities of observation, curiosity, scientific thinking and creativity among children will create young minds who are eager to explore science and solve problems.
We decided to do something about this. We created a platform called Khula Aasmaan which
incorporates an art competition for children, young adults as well as others.
Know more about Khula Aasmaan
See all contest results
Blog posts related to Khula Aasmaan
Khula Aasmaan Conversations
Blog posts related to art competitions