Khula Aasmaan (खुला आसमान) art contest for Global Indians
“Khula Aasmaan”, which is an innovative platform for creative expression, invites the global Indian community to be part of “Art for Hope”, a unique art contest for People of Indian Origin (PIO), Non Resident Indians (NRI), OCI and long term residents who are out of India for study or work. We invite everyone in their family to participate. This will be an annual contest. Draw and paint to be part of this global project for a better and brighter future for humanity.
Highlights of the Art contest for the Global Indian
- A special art contest for PIO, NRI, OCI and Global Indians by Khula Aasmaan for all ages
- Who can participate : Any person of Indian origin (PIO) who is living out of India for study, work or as a long term resident (NRI). Children of persons of Indian origin are invited to participate.
- Four age groups : (i) Below 5 years (ii) 5 to 15 years (iii) 16 to 25 years (iv) 26 years and above (no upper age limit)
- Online submission 24 x 7. No entry fee.
- Contest opens on Dussehra 25th October 2020. Closes on 31st December 2020. Result on 26th January 2021.
- Size of the artwork – A4 or A3 or postcard
- Medium used – can be any medium. Here are some examples – pencils, colour pencils, poster colour, watercolours, acrylic colours, oil colours, pen & ink, ballpoint pen, charcoal, digital art
- Your artwork can be on any subject – landscape, your surroundings, your home, your family, portrait, still life, culture, festivals, flowers, abstract or semi abstract.
Recognition for the artists
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
- Select artworks from this contest will be announced on Republic Day 26th January 2021.
- Each of the shortlisted participant will be asked to send us a high resolution image of their artwork. We will create a special online exhibition to showcase all shortlisted artworks. Each shortlisted participant will receive a Certificate of Honour.
- A special e-book will be created with images of shortlisted artworks with a brief note by each artist.
- Each of the shortlisted artists will be asked to send us a brief audio recording (duration less than 1 minute) in which the artist will talk about the artwork and about “Art for Hope”. We will create videos which will show the artworks along with the audio by each of these artists.
- The ebook and videos will be launched on Gudi Padwa / Ugadi / Yugadi / Cheti Chand / Navreh / Baisakhi / Naba Barsha / Bihu / Vishu / Puthandu / Samvatsar Padvo – first day of the New Year (13 / 14 April 2021).