Contests by Khula Aasmaan
Khula Aasmaan conducts the following contests for children and college students: Art competition, Science competition, Photo competition.
About Khula Aasmaan
“Khula Aasmaan” means open skies. This is a vision for the young – children and young adults.
- It is a platform for creative expression by children. Khula Aasmaan is FREE.
- Has three sections – Art, Science and Photography
- Encourages students to submit their original creations in the form of artworks, ideas and pictures. These submissions are for Khula Aasmaan art contest, science contest and photo competition. The contest is open 24 x 7, submission is online and free.
- Every quarter, a shortlist is prepared by the jury.
- A dedicated web page is prepared for each shortlisted child. This web page is managed for 3 years at no cost. During this period, the shortlisted students are encouraged to submit their new creations or ideas. The shortlisted artworks and ideas are subjected to another round of judging to decide the award of medals.
- Inspiring and stimulating FREE content for students, parents, teachers, and communities. This will be in the form of articles and videos by eminent personalities from diverse fields such as visual arts, performing arts, literature, architecture, science, technology, social work and public life.
- Khula Aasmaan, which was formally unveiled in October 2016, is now well established and receives entries from more than 500 locations all over India.
Why Khula Aasmaan
- Few things express a child’s imagination and creativity better than art. Spatial Intelligence is one of the nine fundamental human intelligences. Not enough is done in formal education in India to develop this valuable gift through art.
- Essential Skills for 21st century children highlight Cultural Literacy as a Foundational Literacy and Creativity as a Core Competency. Art significantly contributes to and enhances both.
- Art is a mirror and a stimulus for change in society. India needs its artists. Children gifted with artistic ability have few places to develop their talent and often drop art in high school for courses that take them to jobs.
- The qualities of observation, curiosity, scientific thinking and creativity among children will create young minds who are eager to explore science and solve problems.
We decided to do something about this. We created Khula Aasmaan.
Khula Aasmaan runs the following contests :
Art competition for children (5 to 15 years) and college students (16 to 25 years) : Themes | Participate
Science competition for children (5 to 15 years) and college students (16 to 25 years) : Themes | Participate
Photo competition for college students (16 to 25 years): Themes | Participate
Relevant Links :