Painting of The Gate in Heritage sites
Artist Sandhya Ketkar has been painting Indian heritage structures for a while now. While the broad theme of her paintings is heritage sites, what fascinates her the most are the gates in these heritage structures. She paints the majestic gates of forts, palaces and temples. The gate, which is the entrance to these heritage structures, is the first sight and probably the lasting impression or memory about that place. In a temple, the gate will welcome you, whereas in case of the palace or the fort, the gate will guard the inmates from the outside world.
Artist Sandhya Ketkar
1971-1977 : S.N.D.T. Women’s University Mumbai.
- B.A. Art & Painting- Stood First in Art & Painting subject.
- M.A .First class, Stood First in Art & Painting subject.
- Diploma in Textile Design from Rachana Sansad, Mumbai 1978.
- Passed NET exam. For Drawing & Painting held by U.G.C 1999.
- Principal’s Prize—1975 for securing highest marks in Art & Painting at B.A Examination.
- Chancellor’s Prize—1977 for securing highest marks in Art & Painting at M.A Examination.
- Second Prize at Ganesh Darshan exhibition held by Bombay Municipal Corporation for the Centenary celebrations in 1992.
- 1991 : Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai.
Held first solo exhibition of Murals which was well appreciated
- 1992 : Bal Gandharv Kala Dalan, Pune.
First solo exhibition in Pune.
- 1993 : Ravindra Art Gallery, Pune.
Second solo exhibition in Pune.
- 2002 : Indian Artist’s Network at WTC- Jakarta – Indonesia.
Participated in Group show.
- 2010 : Reflection, An Exhibition of Painting, at Kala Ghoda Associate, Army & Navy Bldg, Mumbai
Participated in Group Show
- 2018 : Solo Exhibition of paintings ‘@Gates’ at Hirji Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai. 16th to 21St January
Participated in exhibitions conducted by
- Art Society of India
- Bombay Art Society
- Artists Center